PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Longhaul Roster
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2005, 15:38
normal_nigel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harry

Not gullible, just not born with a sliver spoon hanging out of my arse and unlike half the idiots on the forum, I have had a life outside BA both in flying and elsewhere.

I would be first on the picket line if BALPA call a strike, but not over things like Houston.

For those who don't know 1 daylight sector failed it schedule regularity monitoring by 1% putting it into a bunk aircraft bracket. (current rest is a club seat as a minimum).

BA don't have any bunked aircraft at Gatwick so BALPA agreed with them an alleviation to operate the service without a bunk.

This included but was not limited to

1. A guaranteed First Class rest seat on ALL 4 daily sectors to IAH (even though only one had failed).

2. This for the next 3 years even if next year the sector that failed passes.

So that means that the crews are now better off than before.

But oh no, not according to the doom know-alls on the BA forum. You wouldn't belive the hissy fits being thrown. They want a strike over it for Gods sake.

You can just see it now "BA pilots strike because they want a bunk on one day flight and not a First class seat on 4"

That would work...not.

But hey, lets not let the reality or the silent majority spoil things for the 50 or so gobbies on the forum.

Oh and I've been Force Drafted twice this summer.

So Harry, can I respectfully request that you toddle off somewhere else and leave the dreadful BA to us poor things who are happy.

I'll keep my £95000+ and 56 days leave a year, thank you very much.