PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA fails FAA inspection ??????
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2005, 13:52
alwaysinverted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Life's Short-Fly Fast..... You're spot on. The "big boys" keep their airplanes on foreign registers. Norway, the BVI, Luxembourg etc. Toooo ashamed to be seen poling a ZS jet I guess!

Its a fact that the SACAA does'nt know its ar end from its head. Lots of mistakes. Recently heard that one of the black youngsters employed to become a flight inspector, was sent to a flying school to learn to fly, and had not solo'd in 70 hours of instruction. When the matter was raised at a meeting, the boss said and I quote: "Why worry about him not going solo in 70 hours. He needs 200 hours for a Com so leave him alone. He can solo at any time during the 200 hours of training".

That says it all!

Mind you, some of the idiots at SAA are not any better. The only thing that remains a class act at SAA, are the cockpit crews.

With regards to Trevor Abrahams..... yes, I would like to see him come back to the SACAA. He's the only dude that knows the ins and outs of it, and I believe that he can turn it around. There are people there that hopes he comes back. At least when he was there, there was a bit of discipline. Most of the people that tried to work him out have left the employ of the SACAA. Some were dismissed due to dishonesty, some resigned, and I guess some were fired. The "power struggle of South Africa".

Well come on Minister Radebe, get your department into gear and do something meaningfull for aviation. Put Trevor back in there! Its time!