PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Longhaul Roster
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2005, 11:21
GS-Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't I just said BA is better than anywhere else?
Yes but unless we stand up against the little things it will not remain this way. Forced Draft is getting out of hand, it will soon be the case that you cannot avoid personal contact, because they are desperate!

The people on the BALPA forum are making so much noise because they are frustrated at what is happening to their terms and conditions on a daily basis. Too many people are prepared to sit there and accept it, and so in BALPA's own words, they do not have the support from the members, that they need in order to halt the erosion. Ok, if you feel the deterioration is acceptable, fine, but when you look back in ten years time at how things have changed, I just hope you do not regret your acceptance. Out of curiosity, how many times have you been forced drafted recently, and just how inconvenient was it for you to do it?

I guess the fact that DEPs no longer have a FSS pension is insignificant too, because you don't get that in lots of other companies? Yes it is probably still good to come to BA but it would be a lot better with a FSS. We could have secured that for new entrants if we had stood united. I just hope we are all a bit more united when it comes to protecting our own pensions? Unfortunately there are too many people who think if I am alright Jack, then I will not bother supporting the reps. This is not how the members of a union are supposed to act, and as a result, BALPA are fighting a battle with one hand tied behind their back.