PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei
Thread: Royal Brunei
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2005, 02:50
Current Affair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Writ of Summons Against RBA

This case was brought to the High Court in Brunei by a popular and highly experienced Capt who was dismissed without reason. He became the victim of vindictive managers when he resisted lower safety standards and highlighted the issue of fatigue. As other posts have noted, it was a disgraceful state of affairs.

I have no wish to comment on the case or give advise on this forum. However, it is known within RBA that he wanted no whitewash or brushing under the carpet. The managers will now have the pleasure of a much wider audience than antisipated.

Intimidation and fear have almost been included in the terms and conditions. Already tired pilots are rung at the last minute to operate long haul night flights. Not doing so is like putting your head on the block. Fleet managers like to include in the conversation your desire to renew your contract. We have all experienced this intimidation. Even in my selection for command, I had to swollow the bitter medication dished out by managers who lack any integrity.

The point I make is that he was not alone, I guess he just stood up at the wrong time. Fatigue and inexperience is almost certain to be the cause of an accident or incident that even the trainers talk of when not if. Already having one of the above (inexperience) to avoid having both is like playing cat and mouse.