PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R22 Corner
Thread: R22 Corner
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2001, 14:01
t'aint natural

Oh. You’ve changed feet then. I merely addressed the point you disputed, which is that Frank Robinson detests the NTSB. Your contention that Jim Hall was a good man is a non sequitur. I would reiterate that the NTSB is not and never was in Frank Robinson’s pocket.
I suggest you read my posting again. I do not say he attacked me. Virtually all of my posting was quoting Frank Robinson in a published article. It is Frank Robinson saying Jim Hall attacked him.
Incidentally, at the same time that Hall was trying to ground Robinson he was also trying to ground the 737, but the FAA managed to sit on him there, too.
If you think there’s nothing wrong with criminal lawyers having full access to investigation material, you must ponder what they do with the information. I’m sure you’re aware of the specious and nonsensical lawsuits which have been filed and won, often based on a small piece of evidence taken out of context and used to bamboozle a lay jury. That’s how Cessna and Piper production was halted, and who did that help? But that’s not a Robinson issue.
The Australian pilot was not talking about Australian training but US training. Most of the low RRPM/low-g accidents happened in the US. Three times over four years Frank Robinson petitioned the FAA to end the 50-hour rule, which meant that if a US fixed-wing instructor flew 50 hours in helicopters, he automatically became a helicopter instructor. It was only pressure from Robinson which changed that horrendous situation. This and other action, almost all of it initiated by Frank Robinson, have slashed the number and rate of Robinson accidents.