PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cash strapped 1-Time ????
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2005, 05:57
barryt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sorry 4HolerPoler, and I respect the forum's rules, however in this case, I have to disagree with you I am afraid. I feel that in some cases a "rumour" can go too far, with a potential very negative effect, as was the case here. I am sure you will agree with me that often the "hard media" picks up things from these "rumour" forums and takes them as hard gospel fact, and reports as such (irresponsible as it may be).

I feel that you as moderator should have toned this lot down long before I started posting, and should have realised yourself that this is potentially a dangerous situation, with people's actual livelihoods at stake. It would be the responsible thing to do.

It's no good hiding behind the fact that it's a "rumour" forum, and anything goes. It doesn't in some cases I feel, and I am disappointed at your approach and attitude here - you are, in effect, condoning the situation where an airline could potentially be put in jeopardy, so I most certainly whole heartedly disagree with you on this one. One needs to make a stand for integrity sometimes, even if it means "breaking the rules" of the forum on the odd occasion.

Of course, you are the moderator, so you can just delete this response, I know, but if you don't, then I will believe you have integrity and are not one of those editors who believes in "freedom of the press stops right here on my desk"...

You've had your warning barryt - you are a guest on this site - please feel free to post your opinions but do not advise others as how to post - by all means disagree with other's stances but respect the freedom of other's speech & avoid demanding retractions & apologies based on your knee-jerk reaction, driven partly by the fact that you have a few tickets on the subject airline. And by all means report the content of posts to Mbeki himself - it will have no effect on the ability of members to continue to post their rumors. 4HP

Last edited by 4HolerPoler; 16th Sep 2005 at 14:49.