PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow Landing Fee
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2005, 23:22
halo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am all for the "Service" part, and a lot of these people get their ATSOCA services paid for by the Airlines. The hardworking people of Cardiff, Farnborough, Birmingham, etc provide these services to them free of charge.... They have plenty of airfields to visit elsewhere that won't cause disruption to the very people who pay for their "free" services. I would say that is a pretty healthy compromise considering. The other alternative of course, is that anybody using any ATC service gets charged for it and the GA fraternity can go wherever they like. At least that way the airlines will save some money.

What you have to remember is that we provide an ATC service to the Airport Authority.... in this case the BAA.... and they decide who comes into their airport. Heathrow is a PPR airfield for these kind of movements anyway... and we are under orders to say no. The last thing I want to do is give the guys at TC more headaches by allowing these slow performing aircraft into a very tightly run system. Ask any of the Heathrow Radar guys and I'm sure they would agree