PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzJet Start Date Keeps Slipping
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2005, 01:07
VH-Cheer Up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to bring this thread out of the coffee shop, monkey or no...

Does anyone know of any 737s still flying that are not ageing?
Of course not. I guess the newspaper would be sued if they wrote "clapped-out" which is clearly what they meant.

the journalists are using "ageing" as an adjective
Fair go, at least they're not "suddenly plunging in a death spiral" 737's. One hopes. Anyway, "ageing" is the present participle, whether it is being used as an adjective in this case, who knows.

What might be more to the point is that these 737's have been ageing for some considerable time now and in fact they may well be considered truly quite well aged, a bit like a steak at Vlado's. Or a dead cat on the M25.

At least they haven't had the Hawaiian Airlines conversion job done to them.

Anyone know the age of the oldest flying 737's? Are the OzJet 737's any older than those being operated by Air EnZed on domestic services?

The time for Ozjet to worry is when a Mr S Woodland is appointed to a senior position...
Huh? Care to explain?

As a pilot, should I operate a policy of not flying any aircraft that is older than I am? That might lock me out of some exciting opportunities... And the same policy would probably lock every kid out his/her local flying school, and lots of the RAAF pilots out of their Pigs, an maybe some of the other bits of ADF flying kit.

Nobody has picked up on one of my previous points - why doesn't Virgin Blue try to grab more of the business market by offering a more business-orientated product? If they did, OzJet would be pretty hammered trying to carve something out of that niche.

Or maybe they are going to - to coincide with OzJet's eventual launch?

VHCU