PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Money In Being A Pilot These Days
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2005, 18:08
Jetstream Rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maximum - no I don't think "Moaning Minnies" is too harsh a description.

I have flown with many Captains, both great fun to fly with and not so. The ones who are no fun to fly with do nothing but moan. The reason they moan is not the job, it is the person that they are, otherwise everyone would be unhappy. They don't seem to realise that they turn a good day out for me into living hell - which is something worth complaining about. Happily there aren't many about.

If they are divorced, that is not the fault of the job. If they have spent all thier money on school fees - that is their choice. If they can't manage their money properly, that is not the fault of the job either.

I am convinced that these people would be the moaners in an office too.

The question is about how good the job is remunerated. Its pretty good when compared to other things. Tell me where you could get paid as much and have the same time off, without your nose to the grind for 20 years?

Too many people think that they are owed riches beyond belief. I don't agree that we should go the way of Ryanair or give our lives wholly to a company. I do believe there are far too many people who have been so lucky for so long that they have lost the view of the real world the claim to moan about.