PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Money In Being A Pilot These Days
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2005, 17:33
What to do?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maximum

What was the question? It was about commercial jobs and the associated remuneration, which (once in) is good (I used to be a lawyer by the way). It’s not about the cost of divorce, which (correct me if I’m wrong) it seems you’ve experienced.

Since the question is clearly related to commercial flying, my reply to “27 years and a 180K mile Volvo” is quite appropriate, is it not? To the newbie such a comment needs explanation, since somebody who’s been employed for 27 years could quite possibly be on £100,000+ .

So, my answer would be yes it does pay well, as much as it did, well, at the top yes, but there’s a much greater outlay to begin with. As for a £100,000 training cost, I know that’s possible, but ****, you’d have to be retarded to spend £70,000 at Oxford and then pay for you type at the moment.

James - it's not clear if you're an engineer or a pilot from your post? If you're an engineer on a 108K, perhaps you could put it into perspective for Hafez, who's wondering which to choose.

Anyway
later

p.s. When asked why the 747 has a lump at the front, some F/O’s have been heard to suggest it’s for the captain’s wallet!