PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training fixes
Thread: Training fixes
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2005, 15:09
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say again slowly

It is sometime a struggle to know how much of this is tongue in cheek. Whether or not it is for the final time, it doesn’t mean your point is correct.

I sense everyone agrees, including you and WWW, that training fixes disguising lost fixes are not a good idea, but you cannot really believe that was WWWs arguement.

"I'd make it an offence for anyone without an FI Rating to ask for a training fix. In fact I am writing to the CAA SRG today to ask for that to become a UK rule."

That seems to me a pretty clear and understandable statement of intent. Bluntly I disagree with the statement and the intent.

In any event the solution does not solve the problem to which you refer. As I said earlier the number of calls will presumably stay much the same (one every 90 seconds), so WWW will still be annoyed, and to make matters worse there will now be a few pilots who don’t want to admit to being lost - the consequences of which pale into insignificance with WWW being a bit annoyed.

I would not normally take such a vociferous stance but how can we possibly support a proposed change to legislation which would seem to be based on unreliable information (a call every 90 seconds) and which too boot would not seem to solve the perceived problem.