PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will WJ 4000-hr min stand, in light of AC hiring rumours?
Old 12th Sep 2005, 23:26
CanAV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading this thread has brought up many good points. I think though at the end of the day the big picture is being missed here.

First off on the original question of WJ dropping its hours. They could if they wanted to but it is safe to say that there are more people out there with 4000 hours plus than WJ will have jobs in the next million years. The funny thing is many do or will want to work for them. Why? Because that is what they as induviduals want. Clear and simple.

I personally know a dozen or so folks that have the qualifications to get a job with AC but have never even applied. Why? They don't want to work for AC. The same could be said for a group of people who have never applied to WJ. West coast guys especially the YYC/YEG types like living in that part of the world. YVR types can't afford YVR so they suck it up and go to everyones favorite city, Toronto. 20 years later they are senior enough and can afford to go back! Family, friends, other business ventures, sports, weather, scenery, job satisfaction etc etc etc all play or at least should play a part in ones decisions on what at the end of the day is just a job.

I have not worked for either firm, have no loyalties nor any intention of working for either. I have mates at both carriers and for the ones that really enjoy flying and their jobs I will say this. They are happy and that is all that matters. I left the country to pursue my career a few years back because I did not like what I saw in the industry. Had a close friend ask me very recently was I coming back. My answer to him and much to his surprise was nah....See you on the golf course when we are done!

Those at AC who think you have the job of jobs you are wrong. Those at WJ who think the same you are wrong. Ask yourself only one thing. Am I happy?

Point clear?

WJ's mins are xxx hours and AC's mins are xxx blah bah blah. Supply in Canada wil ALWAYS out weigh demand so its a non issue. Apply to where you want to be, cross your fingers and just get on with it.