PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training fixes
Thread: Training fixes
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2005, 10:23
slim_slag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say again slowly,

You say

"It is not the fact that people use this service that bothers me, but the fact that it is regarded as an aid."

Then you say

"By all means use the service if you are genuinely lost and need help or to confirm where you think you are"

There is a contradiction in there somewhere.

"So it isn't really any kind of argument to say "I heard this whilst I was flying" therefore it's gospel."

But that is the basis of www's argument. Besides, you might not hear the spamcan but you will hear the D&D side. Just out of interest, how often do you hear GA calls on 121.5, either practice pans or asking for training fixes (or the ground station replying).

What I think is interesting, and probably goes to the root of this debate and the problems GA has in the UK, is when you say

"There will always be problems between commercial traffic and G/A, since their goals and requirements are totally different."

An interesting attitude, and one I think is totally wrong. Look across the sea and you will find places where GA and non GA live side by side in almost perfect harmony. Of course if one side has contempt for the other then there will never be agreement, which appears to be the situation here.

www,

Healthy debate is fine, so why don't you enter into one? If you blunder in here telling people they are talking 'horse****, then make apparently wild claims and on questioning cannot justify them (or ignore the questions) you cannot complain if you lose some credibility.