PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerotropics?
Thread: Aerotropics?
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2005, 08:55
DeafStar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most pilots based in the Straits will have a whinge. I know I did. It's bloody hard work! I agree that alot of pilots lack integrity on the loyalty front, however you cant be critical of a pilot that wants to see his conditions raised. Pilots in GA have been getting shafted in certain areas for along time. Just because its the status quo isnt a defence. AT paid pilots poorly when I worked up there. I know this because I know about bloody 10 of them. Yes most of them think RL is a top bloke. Didnt stop them from TRYING to get their conditions raised.

Even the mighty Skytrans has dropped a few conditions for their Torres based crew. Keep up the fight for your conditions!

Ultimatley if you accept a job up in the Straits you should realise that life will be tough for a while. The knowledge and experience you gain will be with you for a lifetime. I sure as hell dont miss the Straits but Im bloody glad I went.

Also you should be able to turn a Bongo around in 6.3 minutes. If you cant then you havent been late for 4 jobs whilst being rained on, yelled at with sweat dripping into your eyes whilst you chase escaped mudcrabs around inside a filthy terminal filled with 3 go shows, 100kgs overload and a hangover.

All stations sassie. Thanks for coming.