PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will WJ 4000-hr min stand, in light of AC hiring rumours?
Old 11th Sep 2005, 23:12
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate to butt in, but...
are West Jet and Air Canada the only airlines/air carriers in Canada??? Others ARE hiring, you know.

Based on 'appearances'....I'd say both carriers are full of themsleves. Especially WJ. (but, that's a personal opinion)

Technical exam for a potential B737NG F/O with little or no Jet time? I'd say that makes perfect sense. Why? Because the Canadian IATRA/SAMRA/SARON prepare you for SH*T.
Jet flying, whether or not you think it is, IS a BIG DEAL. So stop the denial. Glass airplanes are easy once you get to a certain comfort level. Getting there, like most things in life, takes time.

Just ask our Pinnacle Airlines friends who suffered the double engine failure at FL410. Sorry, I guess that's not possible.

If you have to ask whether or not the number of hours in your log book would be acceptable to either AC or WJ, then you're concerns are misplaced. What did you do whilst earning those hours? That's what the employers are curious to know. How comfortable will you be with the answer you give, given the opportunity?

Remember, you gotta know somebody on the inside. Because the HR department is misinformed and too lazy to read and understand your resume or to even determine the suitably qualified candidate. They're looking at total time too AND taking direction from some weenie who thinks you gotta know somebody. Pity.

The bottom line is this. If you exceed the minimum qualifications and experience, you SHOULD have a shot. Unless, your a single white anglo saxon male. Then, I'd say you should have stayed in school and made a better career choice.

Good luck to all. Whether you aspire to fly or to fly for Air Canada.