PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will WJ 4000-hr min stand, in light of AC hiring rumours?
Old 11th Sep 2005, 22:51
Safety Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose I misspoke a little, Instead of high time, I should have said higher seniority people are not considering AC. If you don't believe me, ask several of my colleagues about that. Most of us are over 40 and well past the point of considering Air Canada as the apex of a career as it once was. I know guys from our company who've applied to AC, and almost all of them are junior F/Os under 35. As for lifestyle, that which is enjoyed by the more senior people at AC is not as likely in the future for new hires as it once was. I've seen the numbers and the advancement prospects, and they just aren't there unless you're young.

Personally, for myself and my colleagues who are Captains at my company, we're averaging 12 to 13 days a month, mostly long haul, with reasonable layovers in Europe. We took home close to $200K last year with less than 10 years in the company. I know lots of folks at AC who were hired at the same time as I was, and none of them had a year like that, both in terms of pay and lifestyle.