PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Austrian cable car accident - Update
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2005, 05:50
tecpilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
arm the floats

very good, that's exactly the situation. I fully agree to you.

In this case the cable car operator try to leave the shooting range without harms. But as i could confirm, they do in front of the job a lot of pressure to the helicopter operators. The competition between the helicopter companies is very very hard, partly unfair. Cyclic thinks a operator have to cancel the job or to pay extra if the client isn't ready to stop his operation due to safety reasons.
Just kidding? I bet under any circumstances the client will find an other helicopter company ready to do the job under the clients conditions. In Austria as example more than 20 helicopter operators with more than 100 ships are ready to haul the concrete. The country is very small!
May be some of you have heard about the floodings in Austria some weeks ago. There are the other operators and the police and army helicopter flying now up to today concrete and construction material to the former flooded areas to rebuild streets and places. They do the job every day and also after this tragedy with flying over public areas.

I'm sure, nearly every pilot is interested in safety. And your words cyclic sounding good, but i don't know in which paradise you fly. And i don't know on what kind of operator. But i believe as described the business in the most european countries goes.

And the authorities doesn't help the single ex employed pilot trying to find some safety culture and a new job. I know some cases the pilots hoped the authority informed by the pilots would have stopped some dark deeds by client and management. Forget it! If it is in public interest...
And the things going mostly allways good because of the low feasibility of such a tragedy.

Last edited by tecpilot; 11th Sep 2005 at 08:27.