PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK command interview
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2005, 12:49
Jack D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fair point , but how can a little quiz determine suitability for command ? After all there are failures amongst upgraders who have aced the silly thing . There are enough filters at EK without resorting to what amounts to a check before training even begins it sets the wrong tone and that I find counter productive ,
if it is used as a tool to weed out unsuitable candidates then that too is dodging the issue, that may not be the case I just think its daft.

Anyone seriously studying for their upgrade or a DEC who is professional will look at the books , in the end I,ll bet that a lot of "Quiz" material is forgotten after 6 months on the line and relevant matters take precedence.

Who said DEC,s can,t do the job ? as I have said before I must have missed the dodgy ones as I found them to be as good as and in some cases better, all subjective of course, than our home grown Capts....standing by for incoming fire . Doesn,t mean I support the policy at all.

On an unhappy note nowhere is it easier to fire someone than in the ME , in fact some senior people have been removed from a position only to reappear in another guise , a sort of token firing perhaps ? I reckon we shouldn,t take these matters too seriously, a good laugh can work wonders for morale and there is qute a lot to laugh about sometimes.

Best Jack