PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 500 Hrs Multi PIC..????????
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2005, 11:34
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
757manipulator,

Having an engine ticking over at flight idle is not an engine failure, if you consider that losing an engine, I lost both engines every flight. With a real engine failure on the B200 at high weight, high temps, it is not easy, considering autofeather is an optional.

I have flown both -41 and -42 B200s, not aware of any B200 with any more "poke" than the -42, the aircraft also had the 4 blade props and other performance STCs.

Im still trying to figure out how 500hrs in a puddle jumper is gonna help me fly a 737 any better?....no ones even been able to convince me yet.
No one has been able to convince me that a person with 200 hours and 14 JAR subject passes & MCC is more qualified to be an FO on a large jet compared to a person with an ICAO ATPL and several thousand hours.

JAR rules say you must have your 14 subjects and MCC or a JAR ATPL (not considering the validation case).

No one has been able to convince me that making people do 14 subjects if you already have a ICAO ATPL (with even say 10000 hrs FO time on 767's) is anything more than protecting their industry, and a barrier to entry for more experienced pilots.

jarjar

in charter category all a pilot needs to command a multi pilot aircraft above 5700kg is an ATPL.(pls correct me if im wrong).
Your wrong, you can fly a metro, C550 etc single pilot in charter with a CPL.