PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex Recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2005, 07:17
NZLeardriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get paid what the market will bear just as the bussy gets paid what the market will bear. Right now pilots get paid more than they deserve
You are talking about what the market supports and then you talk about what a pilot DESERVES. From reading these boards it seems to me as if you have a personal hatred of pilots and are confusing what YOU (as judge jury and executioner) would like to see them being paid, and the points you wish to argue.
The market is not just a price one. Yes, pilot pay can go down while there are people prepared to work for less. That does not mean that the pilots themselves will be the sole component of this market. There will come a time where the market pay rate is so low, that professionals will not be prepared to work. At a certain stage the quality of applicants that are prepared to work for nothing or very little will be such that they will not be acceptable in this industry. That could be decided by the airlines, the regulatory authorites or the passengers themselves. Do you really want the cheapest ticket at any cost? In that case maybe we don't need the engineers, flight attendants or ATC.

Since when do employers have to compensate you for getting your Pilot's Licence? I don't recall any such arrangement in any profession. So step back and think about how lucky pilots have been to be given that recognition.
In every industry employers compensate you for getting your qualifications. A bus driver gets paid what he does because it is essentially unskilled labour. The training is quick, cheap and easy. The thought processes in his job are nowhere on the same level as other jobs that require years of training. I'm sure you have some form of qualification other than pilot-hating. Do you really feel that you pay doesn't reflect both the cost of your training and the time not working you had to spend to get that training?

His responsbility in my view far outweighs that of a pilot. So let's put it into perspective.
I am really struggling with how you can justify this. Can you explain it to us please?[