PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 500 Hrs Multi PIC..????????
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2005, 23:40
jarjar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Story goes...I applied to said 737 operator, as an F/O with 2000hrs of heavy jet 757/767 multi-crew experience behind me, only to be told I dont have 500hrs multi-PIC therefore I dont meet the minimum requirements
I believe that this was the initial topic. As someone has mentioned before this is said operators requirement ,not regulatory requirement. I believe alot of people are missing the point, High capacity operators do not need aircrew with 500 pic multi, the definition of high capacity is greater than 38 seats or 4200 kg payload. Lets say your flying from a to b, metro, dash 8(100-200) etc , would you fly in this aircraft if you found out that the captain had 200 multi pic and the new f/o had 50 multi total.

With the training( or lack there of) that some of the low capacity operators around australia give their crews the only thing that helps prevent the pilots hanging off the tail of the plane is that they may have a reasonable level of multi engine experience before they start the job.

Another thing to note, is that unless the rules have changed, in charter category all a pilot needs to command a multi pilot aircraft above 5700kg is an ATPL.(pls correct me if im wrong).