PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please make a bit of noise if flying into CBR early
Old 8th Sep 2005, 06:38
Argus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
En-Rooter

Do I detect a subtle application of Parkinson’s Fifth Law here?

Shortly stated, Parkinson’s Fifth Law says that: “The quality of client service is directly proportional to the distance between revenue source and the customer”.

For most air traffickers (and indeed public servants generally), there’s some distance between the source of the spondulicks that pay the salaries, the workplace where the service is provided, and the end user of the service. There is thus a temptation to be reckless as to what the source of the spondulicks should reasonably be expected to fund.

It’s sometimes known as “Public Service Disease”.

May I be equally reckless and propose the following:

* Be late for work once for reasons within your control: KITA*.

* Be late for work again for reasons within your control: formal warning.

* Be late again for work for reasons within your control: the bullet.

And why not engage in a bit of lawyer baiting, just to deflect some criticism of a colleague. I’m sorry if you had a bad experience (if that’s what you’re saying) with a lawyer. But we lawyers are strictly regulated in every state and territory. You should always seek a second opinion if you're not happy with the advice you get/got. And if you weren’t/aren’t satisfied with the service you received, you should complain to the Law Society or Legal Services Commission in the state/territory where you live. Most of us prefer not to have to answer allegations of misconduct or negligence - unlike public servants, if allegations of misconduct are proved against us, we can be struck off and lose our livelihoods.

* Kick in the @rse

Last edited by Argus; 8th Sep 2005 at 08:17.