PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training fixes
Thread: Training fixes
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2005, 20:55
Final 3 Greens

Whirlybird

You don't have to be really, horribly, totally lost to call D & D. Simply call them and tell them you're uncertain of your position, and they'll tell you where you are
Quote from CAP413
Pilots who do not wish to carry out a practice emergency but only wish to confirm their position may request a ‘Training Fix’ on 121.5 MHz. This ‘Training Fix’ is secondary in importance to actual emergency calls but takes precedence over practice emergency calls in the event of simultaneous incidents.
So will one of you who's spoken out in support of asking for a training fix, please tell me why you consider lying better
Lying?

Looks to me like following CAP 413 and using standard phraseology, which is usually agreed to reduce misunderstandings.

As E & R says call them for a training fix and they tell you where you are. If you sound stressed out, they'll know.

When I called them, they gave me a position relative to Bishops Stortford, I confirmed my position, made sure I avoided the STN zone and off I went. Sorted, with minimum fuss and in compliance with the rules.

After your comment on another thread about taxiing fast enough to test your ASI (I believe it starts at 40 kts on a C150) and this comment, I'm getting a bit worried about you.

ANyway, that's my last post on this subject.

Last edited by Final 3 Greens; 7th Sep 2005 at 21:08.