PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK planes
Thread: EK planes
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2005, 18:07
Gulf News

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don’t want to ignite a war between engineering and Pilots as I have great respect for what EK engineers accomplish given the resources at their disposal however as a trainer and more so as a Captain I take every opportunity to educate my colleagues and students on the finer points of flight deck etiquette. In short leave it as neat and tidy as you would like to find it. Generally pilots are very receptive of this philosophy and despite the odd crumb books are equipment is left stowed correctly, seats fully forward so as not to impede access and seat belts secured so as not to impinge on the seat tracks. All CDUs and MFDs left in the appropriate configuration free of grease and finger marks. Sadly the aircraft are seldom found in this condition when having undergone maintenance or tow from another stand. Surely this is just a matter of professionalism, and education where it is lacking, on behalf of the engineering department.

I would take the time to write as CSR on this subject if I thought that it would have any effect however as introducing formal policiy on ettiqute would provide no financial benefit to the copmpany it would more than likely be ignored. Perhaps dialouge on this forum will be more effective in bringing about change.