PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK planes
Thread: EK planes
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2005, 15:16
Arnie DeDump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warlock - Point taken. I think from memory the mechs. will give all the screens a wipe with the wet and drys on each daily check, it's not called for on a transit. If this is not being done then there is no excuse, it's being signed for !. As you rightly say, if the people are not available, then hire some ( If AAR fancies getting his hands in his pocket, which at the moment I doubt ! ). I am somewhat uncomfortable with being asked on departure to retrieve fruit relics, biscuits, breakfast, lunch, dinner and the like that have been left uncaringly around the flight deck and the floor. You may or may not be aware that the cleaners will use the jump seats for their spoils from the galleys in the same way a squirrel hides hit nuts ! !. Think the squirrel is the clever one, at least he remembers where he left them. An aircraft coming off a maintenance check ought to be as as clean as the day it left the factory, this can only reflect well on engineering. I do believe however that there is some middle ground here and we can all live with the issue . . , now, where's me mop !