PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please make a bit of noise if flying into CBR early
Old 7th Sep 2005, 09:30
Freedom7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Better late than never...

Argus

Merly making a general statment in relation to Fatigue.

We do not know, the exact reason as to why the controller slept in. YSCB Tower rostering principal's are not my forte, however not being H24, I would say they are better, fatigue wise, than other H24 Tower's. Maybe other's can shed light here.

FYI. Generally a Tower consists of several positions.

I noticed a report in the local journal of record to the effect that there are now to be two controllers (a senior and mid ranking person, whatever that means) rostered for the early start in the Canberra tower.
Generally speaking only, a person who singularly holds all ratings in all positions is the Senior Tower Controller.

It is possible that the controller on station at the time was not rated to provide an ADC service. What does he do? Yes ring the other rostered controller and then implement staff contingency plans, whatever that may be.

I think that you will find that it was the airline's SOP which restricted the acfts landing at that time without an ADC service.

If you believe that the ATS provider or the Airline have not provided you with the service that you have paid for - then I am in complete agreement with you - you should be provided with reimbursement.