PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK planes
Thread: EK planes
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2005, 16:55
zulumikegulf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warlock you raised a very important issue here. Cleaning the flightdeck. Where i work actually cleaning team is not allowed to clean the cockpit unless instructed to do so by the pilot or the mechanic to avoid playing with some buttons.
Second a lot of collegues unfortunatly after the flight leave the cockpit in a desastrous condition. Coffee Cups still in cup holders, ashtray FULL of cigarettes, and open so imagine the mess , bottles of water down the floor, pieces of bread , olives sometimes grains of rice .....
you don't believe the mess i get very mad when i see a dirty cockpit like this , one time a collegue with me almost had a fight with one of the previous crew. I personally before entering the cockpit ask the cleaning team do vaccum on seats as well, I myself clean the headset (with special tissues to disenfect ) as well as common switches and gear lever and thrust lever ect ect ect....( one time during cruise i cleaned 1/3 of the overhead panel of B737 )
For a charter compagny i work for now, unfortunatly some collegues are leaving the cockpit dirty after the flight.
I call this DISRESPECT for next crew .It's hard for me to imagine such a thing with a major airline called Emirates.