PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training fixes
Thread: Training fixes
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2005, 15:58
Paris Dakar

When Paris was a young chap

..........he was really into his rallying (cars), and as he was too young to drive, he had to make do with playing with the maps whilst occupying the lefthand seat. I used to think that there was nothing worse than being in a rally car, on a rally and not knowing quite exactly where you were. I used to think to myself 'I'll wait til the next corner, or the one after that and I'm sure I'll be able to find out exactly where I've gone wrong'.

Well, there is something more worrying than being in that car, and it's being in an aircraft and not knowing where you are. Don't 'wait til the next corner' get on the radio and ask for assistance.

I've said in a previous thread and I'll say it agin here - the folk at D&D do a brilliant job (I visited West Drayton a while back and would recommend it to anyone - no matter how much experience you have) and will get you on your way as quickly as possible. Their concern is that you (and others who may be close by you) are safe - they do not pass judgement as to why you may have got yourself into the situation, your well being is prime!

PD