PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CitiExpress Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2005, 12:30
Superpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with earlier comments, BACX must be bordering on legality with their "preference" for integrated students. The preference for integrated students makes one wonder... If integrated students are better according to BACX and others then it's logical to say (from their point of view and that of FTO's) that the best means of getting a job is to go integrated. Whilst OATS clearly admit there is a preference for integrated students amongst the airlines the airlines are far too big cowards to admit it. So many worried wannabes are frightened by the chances of not finding employment within the first couple of years after a modular course that they sign up for integrated courses. The success of the Oxford APP and CTC schemes highlights this trend. It’s madness, a £60k HSBC loan (through Oxford and CTC) ends up being £90k with the evil interest that gets stacked on top of it. With a house, a wife and a kid this is hardly achievable.

Oxford and CTC manage to somehow convince these airlines that their integrated students are the creme-de-la-creme, the airlines believe them (hardly surprising seeing that a lot of FTOs have either current or ex airline staff working for them). FTOs offering integrated courses make their money and the airlines couldn't give a rats ass about the under-privileged who went modular.

If this is the new disturbing trend then the price of integrated courses needs to come down (economies of scale) and subtle allowances need to be made for those with families/mortgages/bills (facts of life). In my opinion both integrated courses and modular courses are at their own extreme ends of the scale. There needs to be a middle way. A middle price. But I can only dream

Edited to say, that after reading Cutoff's comment I suspect a bit more than a mistake. How about pressure?

Last edited by Superpilot; 6th Sep 2005 at 13:22.