PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss sending DEC to EY???
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2005, 07:50
Jack D

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Shake , are we talking about EK or EY ? I think you are right about Tand C, s at EK and EY seems similar , although management problems have got EY off to a very bad start .

EK is more established of course but it has to raise it,s attractiveness level to reach the good candidates , not meant to be arrogant , good people come from everywhere .

I know about training at EK it is acceptable , not brilliant but given the diverse backgrounds they deal with in general the standard is good and one can,t really ask for more in this environment. Still not premier league though ...sorry to say , and never will be .

I suppose what I meant was that the culture and effort put into training at SR produced a group, cockpit , cabin and maintenance
that had less variable standards than many new operators , this is not to say they are the Master race ( more an old German reputation) and a bit unfair these days. There are very good individuals everywhere and training makes the difference: in skills, motivation and performance: that and decent pay and conditions . This is why the desired standard of excellence cannot be reached in the ME.

Importing a group with the old SR background won,t make any difference unless all parameters are correct within the organisation and a clear set of standards are developed and rigorously maintained . Including fair pay and rostering practices, but they will provide well trained individuals when EY needs them , which is now , provided as I said they can fit into the multicultural environment : some do this very well and some don,t , just like everyone else.

The best solution is to grow personnel from within but as an ambitious start up EY cannot do that at the moment . When and if properly educated trained and motivated management personnel are in place, not opportunists,a problem everywhere it seems , then this should and must be possible. No organisation in the ME should have departments dominated by a single group or nationality it doesn,t fit the desired image of a company and often is ineffective, take the best from everywhere and try to get the balance right.

Wish you the very best

Jack