PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local Pilots (HK)
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2005, 23:51
BlueEagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hekokimushi - As I'm sure you are aware, people who reach the CX standard at interview are told they have passed and then have to sit on their hands for several months waiting for a course as there are still many successful candidates ahead of them, they don't 'bin' people just because they have more successes than CPP places to offer. If you have been rejected twice then there is probably something else that didn't reach their standard, have you asked this of yourself rather than suggesting that the CX selection process is at fault because it didn't pick you?

A few remarks you have made in your posts, ("I find flying no harder than riding a 'bike" and "after proving I can handle the flying bit, the organisation bit. but not the other bits that they exercise during the selection programme... i am an engineer... so i can analyse things... maybe something that they cannot measure during those exercises within 2-3 hours"), are just two and lead me to think they may have decided that you would not make a good crew member, CX are looking at all recruits as potential captains, not just people who can pass the cadet flying programme and in your case I suspect 'attitude' and a degree of over confidence may have played a part in your lack of success with CX.

Don't give up on a flying career though, there are at least two, possibly three other airlines in the Far East that offer cadet programmes, have you tried for these? Do a lot of soul searching, be very critical of yourself, put yourself in the place of the interviewing officer, see what you don't like about yourself and change it!!! It is you, after all, that is going to have to change, the airlines are not going to change to suit you, remember 'If the mountain won't come down to Mohammad then Mohammad must go up to the mountain'!

Keep trying and the best of luck.