PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near misses at Doncaster / Robin Hood
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2005, 08:53
B-Chops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just read this thread with interest. I was working on a Sun for a Families Day and through the ignorance of a couple of airpsace users the main attraction was a disappointment for the families. All formalities were put in place i.e. NOTAMS, local aerodromes phoned to reiterate the TRA - everything possible to inform one and all but still we had aviators call on frequency unaware of the avoid. At a guess about 75% of calls. I would say it surprised me but it didn't. It amazes me that people jump into their aeroplanes and fly around the countryside oblivious of avoids, danger areas, restricted areas, major airports etc. I understand that there is alot to read and take in prior to getting airborne but surely the major ones would stick, especially ones where fast jets are involved and airports with passenger aircraft. Yes, the Class of airspace implies as such "free for all" but I do think that some people take it too literally. Just the minority who are unaware of their environment spoil it for the majority and cause more trouble than required.