PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local Pilots (HK)
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2005, 01:52
hekokimushi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Left wing, can MBA and finanical colleges tuition be compared to flying?? i am not sure how much things are for a good finanical instituition.

but... for an apbinto ATPL... when graduate, u will have 250 hours or something like that... in the UK GBP60,000. in Oz, equivalent money would be about HKD1000,000. whilst studying as an oversea student in say LSE, GBP10, 980 per year for a 3 years BA or BSc. and for a master degree. another year at GBP11,196

GBP20,000 of difference.

Those aviation degree are not really teaching one how to fly. i really wonder... flying really starts off with paying up front... get sponsored, or be very very very lucky, get to know the flying community. i totally agree with your statement Condensation. Requirements for pilots are all hours. hours = money, ratings = money, experience = money, ATPL = lots of money, after spending lots of money, get to fly a regional and get paid peanuts is quite depressing. and the majority of pilots are UK, US, Oz, NZers very lucky people. as all asian airlines needs them so they can get a job in a regional airline and then come work in
Asia, i wish i could be one of them types that can start their aviation career, have the guts to pay up front the training cost in debt, study his/her ass off and hope for a job when licenced. I am very pessimistic about my flying career at the moment.

How many pilots drive Porsche... em... friends told me even a few CX SOs drive porsche. Cars are really a personal preference. do you think so? there is no point of driving a Porsche or Ferrari in hk anyway. u can use the 1st gear to drive at all roads. grin... just wasting stupid money to impress the one night stands. put once u got a family... sure one would want one with just more than 2 seat