PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2005, 21:33
omoko joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having met a few 'wings cadets' I would have to say I'm generally impressed by their attitude (with the odd exception). By the time they get to type rating training though, they do seem a little worn down by the system. Unfortunately the type ratings provided by CTC can only be descibed as 'minimum standard'. Groundschool instruction is virtually non-existent with the preferred method being CBT which was probably relevant in 1970 but bears little relation to what candidates are examined on. Ground instruction varies from good to rubbish. Sim instruction is the same. Pure luck dictates how good your sim course will be with instruction varying widely from excellent (provided by some of the industry's best) to appawling (often from the those who passed their sell-by date before crm was invented). There is a lack of standardisation and little will to address this issue. Having completed a fair few type rating courses in my time I can honestly say that CTC is unquestionably the worst training establishment I have dealt with. Sad really as there are some very good instructors but its always the bad bits we remember most!