PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B58 and PA31 wages hits $60-80K P/A!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2005, 11:50
Ace on Base

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still rackin' my brains....

Sorry Folks, gotta say, been thinkin about this now for some hours...........

I hope someone can answer my question..... what "class endorsement" is a Baron or Chieftan / Nevago First Officer? Where would I find the answers in the regulations?

The only way I can see it as a legal thingie is if all the fleet were not fitted with Autopilot, then obviously there would be a second pilot on board as a safety pilot. But I couldnt imagine a fleet of aircraft operating on a lucrative mining contract without an autopilot!

If there is no such allowance in the regs / rules for an F/O endorsement, what does the "other" pilot log in his log book, and surely he or she cant log 50% flight time of a single pilot aeroplane?

I do believe there are some aircraft around that could be flown single pilot that have now attracted a requirement for a second pilot - this was due to the number of buts on seats I understand, and may also be because they are turbine aircraft and a tad more complex than a Baron and Chieftan, Ie Cessna 208 B (again only a seat thing, can be operated single pilot but limited on the pax numbers) and I believe a King air, Metro (except M 23), and also Bandit are four that come to mind.

Feel free to answer.........

Besides, How will this look to a prospective employer after a young pilot applies to a job after F/Oing a Chieftain.........

potential CP in interview:
"well lad, whats your twin hours?"

Potential young pilot:
"well sir, I come well experienced - 1125 hours on chieftains"

Potential CP:
"whats your twin command hours?"

Potential yp
"I had 125 hours when I started with my last employer, I gained 1000 hours on the job, of which that incresaed my GRAND TOTAL AERONAUTICAL EXPERIENCE to 600 hours or so multi plus my other flying, all as co-pilot on a PA-31, so my total Multi Command STILL stands at 125 hours!!"

Sounds like a good gig to me for someone that wants to waste time in their career as a chieftan or Baron F/O!

Keep Smiling Sunshiners

Last edited by Ace on Base; 2nd Sep 2005 at 19:33.