PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B58 and PA31 wages hits $60-80K P/A!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2005, 07:29
Ace on Base

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B58 and PA31 wages hits $60-80K P/A!!

This was taken from the AFAP site today…………

Pilots and Co-Pilots
XXX XXXX Airlines
Innovative company that supplies high quality remote based air transport services throughout WA's Pilbara Region.
Seeking flexible, highly motivated professional Flight Crew to join operation located at Karratha WA.

Salary packages AUD $60K-$80K, IAW experience.

As I was curious to know more about what aircraft they operate to pay that type of dough, I ventured onto their web site and found this…………

As a Flight Crew member you will be required to work at our clients remote mine site and construction bases, where you will fly Multi-engine IFR Beechcraft BE58 & Piper Navajo PA31-310 & 350 aircraft in a two crew cockpit environment.

Is this for real??, are operators starting to pay this much for light piston twin pilots?

This is more than some companies around Australia pay their B1900, Metro, Braz, and Jetstream Captains!!

Now, as for two crew operations…………. Seems that this is done in Chieftains and Barons, What class are these under in section 40’ish (don’t have them ere, but recall reading it two days ago, and didn’t see any ref to these A/C types as two crew Furthermore, what are the endorsement requirements for a Chieftain or Baron First Officer……….. Seems weird, but I may be wrong!!).

Reminds me of the TV series “Big Sky”

Keep Smiling Sunshiners!!

Cheers

Ace