PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Protests in Sydney today
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2005, 06:00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilots Riot on Sydney streets.

By Michael Veeblefitzer.

Massive riots occurred yesterday around the Sydney Opera House forecourt and spread to the streets of the Sydney CBD.

Leading the riot was professional anarchist Qantas Second Officer Michael Hunt, whilst representing both Jetstar and Virgin Blue were Yitzak Goldberg and Jimmy Jones.

"How can a second officer hope to survive on the paltry sum of up to $140,000 a year?" screamed Hunt.
"We're being ripped off black and blue.
Qantas made over $1 billion in profit and look what pathetic figure they pay us.
Before you know it they'll be expecting us to actually perform take-offs as well as landings! It just isnt cricket"

Yitzak Goldberg from Jetstar was flustered about Jimmy Jones (Virgin Blue) accepting a pay cut and never to be outdone, the Jetstar counterpart insisted on a higher salary cut as well as lower overall conditions.

"How can we compete unless we undercut the opposition in a major way.
Besides, its OK at the moment...my Mum and Dad can afford to keep me at home in the Double Bay Mansion so I can continue to work for Jetstar.
Jetstar is just great.They even gave me a 10% cash discount when I paid for my own Airbus endorsement. What a great crowd and besides, it's things like that which make Jetstar a true family airline!"

Jimmy Jones from Virgin Blue just sucked on a cigarette, gave half a grunt and refused to comment.