PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2005, 17:57
Stone Cold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mooney12 I'm not bitter about a stupid report, I have to much experience to care less, I know my ability.

With regards to the cadet doing better than me in the sim re-read my post and you will find the cadet was struggling not by their own fault just the poor teaching practices at CTC, this is my point CTC leave a lot of things out which are very important for a INEXPERIENCED cadet to learn and practice, it seemed regardless of the performance of the cadet they would get a excellent report which was given to the airline and why? I will say it again, the cadet is a product of CTC, if CTC was to send cadets to airline with reports of a few problems encountered in the sim that airlines may take it's business elsewhere.

For your information on several occasions in a 4 hour sim slot I only got a hour and the cadet got the rest because they were having a few problems! not their fault just not taught very well because the instructors don't stick to SOP's they teach things their way and on one occasion I had to give the cadet some guidence because they were getting rattled by the instructor who was loosing patience with them.

And yes all cadets on my course went back to the sim for some additonal training and some were chopped!.

Mooney12 if you are or were a cadet take my advice you don't know it all, I have been flying for over 10 years and I still have lots to learn. Don't be arrogant you have 2 cups one filled with luck and the other one is empty on experience and what you need to do is fill up the cup of experience before the cup of luck runs out.

And that's the bottom line coz Stone Cold said so!