PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does anybody enjoy working at Qatar Airways?
Old 30th Aug 2005, 17:15
delta x-ray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoops, sorry about that. What was I thinking. I thought we were talking about Abu Dabbhi ( spelling) But seriously, all of the main countries in the middle east who make alot of revenue of oil are classified as 4th world countries. This is because they were previously a 3rd world province but now because of all the oil they didn't know what to do and so all these westeners came in.

Another reason you can say they are not developing as much as western countries is because of the Islamic religion. I lived in KSA ( Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ) for 6 years and the whole country is corrupt because of Islam. But 2 months back I went there to visit my dad who is a westener and all I can say is that '' the times they are a changing '' There starting to show women in newspapers, couples showing more affection for each other in public, manakins in shops been put up and on a very very rare occasion I saw a woman behind the wheel. I talked to a few saudis in my dads company who are major followers of the royal family and they told me one of the family members is in line to the thrown and he wants to legalise alchol and women driving.

These may be little improvents for us...but major ones for them. As a result of this I think many more westeners will come to the middle east.