PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maintenance standards
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2005, 10:07
Retired Flt Eng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say I am a little disappointed at the path this thread is taking. After many years in the industry retiring as an L1011 Flight Engineer, I was considered too old to be offered retraining, I still feel that some things haven't changed.

How much longer will it take before everyone involved in commercial flying realises that it is a TEAM GAME.
Pilots cannot fly for long without maintenance, likewise, maintenance wouldn't have machines to maintain without pilots to fly them.

I am not advocating that we all become one happy family, there should however be more support and understanding of each others needs. If the engineers are concerned about standards, pilots should be there immediately to support them. It would add so much more strength to the argument and it is after all in the pilots interest as well.

In saying that engineers should be a little more responsible too.
The nothing changes or I'm all right jack posters........why do you bother to post?

The grass may well be green where you are but are you 100% sure the grass is green everywhere?

I have always believed in the following statement:

"THERE IS NO SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE"

If these stories from both concerned pilots and engineers are reaching the press then I believe there must something in it.
It would be in everybody's interest to work together and solve it.

Will it happen, probably not in my lifetime. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed my career and had the pleasure of working with some fantastic colleagues.

It is an extremely simple equation for airlines, where shall we begin to make cutbacks?

Pilots....not on your life
Maintenance..in comparison you are an easy touch.