PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 14th Feb 2002, 18:42
HelosRfun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post HELP!!!.... Any Australian Pilots here!

I've got some questions of any Aussie pilots viewing this board. I've got a tentative job offer near Brisbane flying mediums (205's). Rather easy schedule about 250-350 hours per year. What I would like to know is .... What is an average salary for a medium driver in this neck of the woods? What would be considered low-end up throught to high-end range? Considering your $ is worth about .50 cents U.S. $, how is the cost of living in this area? What are your thoughts on the Queensland area? Would you prefer to work in Australia or overseas, if given the choice? What are any other pro's and con's of working in Australia? Taxes? etc... . .I'd sure appreciate some info from any of you guys/gals who work/have worked there and can give me a "heads up" as to what to expect.. .Oh, one last thing. If any of you has both the CASA Commercial/instrument or ATP(H) and say a FAA or Canadian Commercial/Instrument or ATP(H), could you give me an idea of how similar/disimilar the process is? Which is harder to obtain, etc... . .THANKS MUCH. .Helos