PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dealing with difficult Captains
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2005, 18:50
DQ4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Touch'n'oops wrote: Out of all the entry procedures recognized by the Doc. 8168, the parallel turn is obviously not considered a method of establishing one's self. Where as, the offset (base turn) and race track are recognized methods????

This I copied directly from Doc8168:

3.2.3.2 Entry into a racetrackprocedure
Normally a racetrack procedure is used when aircraft arrive overhead the fix from various directions. In these cases,
aircraft are expected to enter the procedure in a manner similar to that prescribed for a holding procedure entry with the
following considerations:
a) Offset entry from Sector 2 shall limit the time on the 30" offset track to 1 min 30 s, after which the pilot is
expected to turn to a heading parallel to the outbound track for the remainder of the outbound time. If the
outbound time is only 1 min, the time on the 30' offset track shall be 1 min also;
b) Parallel entry shall not return directly to the facility without first intercepting the inbound track when proceeding to the final segment of the approach procedure; and
c) All manoeuvring shall be done in so far as possible on the manoeuvring side of the inbound track.

From how I understand it the Captain made a parallel entry to a racetrack procedure then to proceed straight outbound, I see no problem!!!