PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advicefor a Newbee Please
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2005, 16:00
raafboy26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I initially learnt to fly at this organisation a few years ago.

I have to say, it was a dreadful experience.

The negative staff morale only impacted upon the students themselves.

I recall one instructor there most distinctly. As a reserved young person in very early stages of flight training, I remember flying the aircraft off the ground and being yelled and screamed at by this particular instructor on a frequent basis if I made a less than perfect manouvre during the 'lesson'. The guy would literally go berserk at me and I remember being concerned for my safety on more than one occasion. Once the lesson had completed and the C152 was back on the ground, he was totally calm and pleasant again.

As a really young guy, I found the experience seriously humiliating and at the time found myself too embarrassed to either tell my friends or family. I myself couldnt believe the conduct I was experiencing. Each time I put it down to the instructor having a bad day, but it kept getting progressively worse.

I look back at this type of bullying behaviour with absolute amazement, and concerned shock, considering my parents were paying ~$150 / hour for the experience. !

I can only sympathise with other people who have had difficulty with this organisation.

Fun times