PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2005, 13:41
Stone Cold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to CTC for the 737 type rating not by choice but because that's where my airline sends it's people for type ratings.

I have done 3 type ratings and found CTC totally appalling, the CBT is so out of date and incorrect to the aircraft you will be doing the exam on and the attitude of some of the instructors sucks, I had many run-ins with them over the standard of the course.

I felt sorry for the cadets with only 250 hours going from a Kartana to a 737, they were getting totally lost in the sim and a few of them struggled with the line training and were chopped and why because none of the sim instructors have any standard way of operating, we had 15 different ways of rotaing and landing the aircraft and you very rarely had the same instructors and some would scream at you for doing something wrong which was correct the previous day with a different instructor. Several times I asked them to stop the sim and either change their attitude or get me another instructor because I would not put up with it .

Take my advise avoid this place if you can!

And that's the bottom line coz Stone Cold said so!