PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tu104
Thread: Tu104
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2005, 17:50
Evening Star

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very smokey and fast on short final
Continuing vaguely off topic, the terminal at DME gives a good view of approaching traffic and the smoke trail makes it much easier to see the approaching Soviet era stuff over the 'western' aircraft.

Have been in TU-134's and TU-154's. Without exception all have been shabby inside (one always crosses the fingers that the shabbiness does not carry over to the safety critical stuff). Much prefer the TU-134 because, despite the shabbiness, there was in each one I flew in a vaguely old fashioned stateliness.

On topic, at the bigger Russian airports there is always a big collection of old aircraft pushed into the corner and, in many cases, almost overgrown. Cannot be sure if I have seen TU-104's in amongst that collection, although it would not surprise me if some still do exist in that state. When did they stop flying or, and nothing that happens in Russia would surprise me, are any still flying?

Pressure bulkhead to the Cockpit
Forgive the innocence of a humble passenger asking what may be a dumb question, but does that mean the flight deck was unpressurised?

pin on badges (USSR, Aeroflot)
As another aside, from the prices being charged at the market stalls in some Russian markets I would guess that these are now worth a few bob.

[Edited to correct comment without checking facts!]

Last edited by Evening Star; 26th Aug 2005 at 20:31.