PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop The Hatred....please.
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2005, 01:00
Sandy Freckle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A well though out reply, Ops. There are a couple of issues that are at stake here, and they illustrate the differences between the industries that you speak of.

1. I didn't work all my life, studying, being checked physically and mentally, to become a service station operator, car manufacturer or work at Woolworths. I am a pilot, I slaved to get to the top of my trade, and now that I'm there, J* pilots come along and undermine and undervalue the trade in the manner of a prostitute? Forgive me for being bitter.

2. You get what you pay for. The pundits will shriek in horror at this statement. It's a simple formula. You pay the better dollars, you get the better people. Now this has been debated time and again on this forum, and there are those who will denigrate the QF recruiting process etc etc. Thats all fine, no recruiting process is perfect, BUT, the simple fact of the matter is that the better people WILL leave in search of better money. WHY? Because they can. This leaves those who are willing to accept such money, for whatever reason. Jetstar.

Your comparison, Ops, is a good one, but should be viewed appropriately.

A better comparison may be: Do you want to contract out Ambo's or Firies to lesser paid individuals? The answer is no, because your life may be in their hands. Same goes for pilots.

So. The offer is out there. Is there ANY Jetstar pilot who is willing to "Join as One" to improve the cause. I think not because they are only out for themselves.

That is why this thread is rather ironic at this point in time. The Jetstar guys are hell bent on "white anting" the entire industry for their own benefit, and to the substantial detriment of current and future Australian pilots. It's hard NOT to be bitter, divisive and disgusted at their behaviour.