PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to consume Jetconnect.
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2005, 08:29
elektra

For pilots, the "do nothing"option is rarely useful. I know over recent years various posters here have been warning not just AIPA but the industry as a whole, of what was coming. I know it is not PC to mention 1989 but the truth is there were good lessons learned there. Not the least being that without a scope clause, any workplace agreement is much weakened.

I hope, not that it specially affects me right now, except in my heart, that now, with all that has happened in the last few years, and it has been an order of magnitude change for QF pilots especially, that the heads of AIPA, AFAP, IPG, AFAA etc could get together and figure out how to best use the cards they DO hold to stem the tide.

A strong union, decent growth, job opportunities and decent wages are NOT necessarly incompatible except in the eyes of blinkered management and frightened pilots.

Pretending that nothing worse can happen will ensure that it does. A few years ago someone here posted a rumour that QF would get the 777 but that it would be flown by contract pilots, not mainline AIPA. Got laughed off the boards I recall. Who's laughing now?