PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2005, 07:44
chocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There seem to be a fair few differences between Oxford and CTC, Oxford certainly has the prestige and recognition that probably beats ctc in the aviation world but CTC is becoming increasingly recognised as a top training school. Both OAT and CTC have excellent groundtraininig and flying training scores and both a well respected as schools who will produce top quality pilots. The selectino process for CTC is more difficult and competitive than the process to get into OAT but this is largely to do with the financing of the CTC scheme. Rather than getting the £50000 secured loan you need to get into OAT, CTC has a sceme whereby you do need a £60000 loan but it's unsecured and the airline eventually pays it back to you at £1000 a month for 7 years as has already been mentioned. This does mean you're bonded to an airline for 7 years but 7 years isn't that long and if you're wanting to be a pilot then I don't see what's wrong with being bonded for that period of time. Both OAT and CTC seem to help find their cadets jobs though they do it in different ways. It's blatantly in the best interest of the school to get their pilots into jobs as being able to say 'we have a 98% success rate' is going to convince more people to apply. I hope this is a more balanced arguement than madmandan's 'oxford are the one and only' approach. However, I would like to say that Oxford's food is disgusting!

Chocky