PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair hires FAA/ US B737 Captains via Brooksfield (merged)
Old 24th Aug 2005, 17:14
T's&P's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Saturn

The US aviation may have been going down since Sep. the 11th but it has been in better shape before that. However in the last 35 years (my life) I cannot recall NON US citizens being offered a job in the Airline industry. I know of few European being offered a job if married to American and I also know of most of them being laid off once separation/divorce happened.

I would like also to make you aware that training cost on this side of the pond is often 4 times more expensive than in the US (a/c hire, landing fees, approaches fees, CAA taxes, …. Etc.), something you are not probably aware of or intentionally ignoring. You all American got your licence for a good deal and TR completely free of charge while WE in Europe have to get in debt for life just to get a Frozen ATPL then because company such as ELCHEAPO have to sell our houses to self sponsor a TR then you get here and also wants our jobs. All of these and more because they always have ways to bend the rules and none move a finger to stop them.

Considering that:

-European have never managed to get a job in the US airline industry for the last 50 yrs,
-EU licences are more expensive to obtain and maintain,
TR are usually to be self sponsored

I would personally forbid any NON EU citizen from obtaining any airline job in EU not just now but for at least the next 50 years to come.

The European aviation has been always in deep water not just since Sept the 11th sharing those few jobs with highly qualified pilots coming from air force etc.