PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS
Thread: EAST MIDLANDS
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2005, 13:01
bmibabyfc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes when bmibaby first started (the switch from bmi to baby) we had around 7 a/c based at ema, but thats when it all started and many routes, old and new, were setup.

The first year was a very very busy year for baby at ema and an important one! With so many other bases now in the UK (man,mme,cwl,bhx) it is thanks to baby at ema for this, without the sucess of the guys working at ema these bases would not exist!!!

As far as new routes go at ema expect an old baby route to return for summer 06!! one that still exists at ema! It would be nice to see a new route at ema, although we only have 4 a/c now we will be getting a new one next summer. Now that we have an established brand and routes i think the time is ready to fly somewhere new (maybe like mad or back to bcn - might struggle with the slot though on that one!)

The nqy route is doing very well with loads, always in the 100 + bracket from both bases, shame it didnt come to ema though!

Reference Easyjet i feel they are no real competition anymore at ema, theyve dropped the edi and gla, so theres not many routes we go head to head on really (only the med routes).

As for ryanair, although they stopped our dub, i think they will expand at ema just to try and get rid of us at ema, unfortunately that will never happen!!